Lab Technologist II - Part Time - Weekend - Nights
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- Perform technical duties in all laboratory sections, with minimal supervision, as assigned.
- Review test orders and verify accuracy of corresponding specimens.
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files.
- Prepare results for analysis and enter test results into the computer, with minimal supervision.
- Create neat, accurate, well-formatted documents.
- Contribute to upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assure a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance.
Additionally, a Technologist II will:
- Manage the physical environment of the laboratory in accordance with New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned
- A current New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License (licenses restricted to flow cytometry are acceptable) required
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in hematology and chemistry highly preferred.
- Candidates with a keen interest in lab medicine and an eagerness to learn will be considered for a Technologist I role, while those with at least 2 years of clinical laboratory experience will be considered for a Technologist II role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong drive to constantly learn and to develop your skills within a highly dynamic setting.
- 15.0 hours per week
- Saturday and Sunday
- Hours will fall between 12am-8am
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top