Lab Technologist II - Microbiology
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We’re taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
It’s a very exciting time for our Laboratory Medicine Department as many of our teams have recently moved into our new state-of-the-art laboratory medicine facility on East 64th Street. Our new Laboratory Medicine Building maximizes operational efficiency, allowing our Laboratory Medicine team to provide test results more quickly and reduce the amount of blood needed from a patient to generate those results. For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
The Clinical Microbiology Lab is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technologist / Microbiologist to join their team. We have invested in cutting edge technology in this lab and have a strong focus upon molecular sequencing.
- Perform technical duties related to the work of the clinical microbiology service: bacteriology, mycology, mycobacteriology, parasitology, serology, virology and molecular microbiology
- Maintain complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files,
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform routine and advanced equipment maintenance
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assures a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area
- Participate in the laboratory inventory program that provides adequate inventories of reagents and supplies
- Create and help maintain an environment that places emphasis on safety in accordance with New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned
- A Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- A NY State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License required
- 2+ years experience working as a Microbiologist in a clinical laboratory required
- Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills
- ASCP certification preferred
Hours of work:
- 37.5 hours per week
- Weekend and holiday rotation coverage required
- Days, Evenings, and Nights Available
** $3,000 sign on bonus
Position level and salary will be commensurate with experience. #
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top