Jitney Driver/Messenger 53rd Street
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Safely transports patients, their families, staff, specimens, medications, and cargo between MSK Outpatient sites and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Main Campus. Also, provides transportation and support to additional MSKCC sites (i.e., ACDM in Brooklyn; 633 3rd Ave. and other Manhattan locations).
Jitney Bus Transportation:
- Conduct a pre-trip inspection of the Jitney Bus to ensure that it is operating properly. The pre-trip inspection includes listening for irregular sounds in the motor; ensuring the vehicle has a clean exterior, a neat interior, fuel, and other necessary fluids, (i.e., Brake, Wind Shield Washer, Power Steering, etc.); and ensuring that all lights, lamps, and signals are functioning properly.
- Safely transport and deliver patients and staff primarily between 53rd Street, the Main Campus, and other various Manhattan MSKCC locations, within twenty minute runs, and forty minute round trips.
- Make trips between 53rd Street and Main Campus according to the Jitney Bus Schedule posted in the dispatch office.
- Remain with the Jitney Bus when passengers are on board
- Retrieve the MSKCC mini-van from parking garage before the start of the first trip of the scheduled workday.
- Conduct a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure that it is operating properly. The pre-trip inspection includes listening for irregular sounds in the motor; ensuring the vehicle has a clean exterior and a neat interior, fuel, and other necessary fluids, (i.e., Brake, Wind Shield Washer, Power Steering, etc.); and ensuring that all lights, lamps, and signals are functioning properly.
- Pick up MSK-53rd Street supplies from General Stores on a daily basis at designated pickup times and as requested on an emergency basis.
- Pick up and deliver mail from Main Campus and MSK-53rd Street mailrooms.
- Retrieve and deliver medical instruments to Central Sterile Processing on a daily basis at designated pickup times.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Commercial Driver’s License Class C w/ Passenger endorsement needed
- Minimum Experience: One year driving for a major company or organization
- Defensive Driving Training
2 Shifts Available- Mon to Fri: 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM & a 10hr shift 5:30AM – 3:30PM Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top