- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Infection Preventionist (IP) is responsible for preventing and controlling the spread of healthcare-associated infections at MSK. Surveillance activity includes infection outcome and process measures for both the inpatient and outpatient settings. The Infection Preventionists will collect and analyze data, investigate outbreaks, observe practices, participate in patient rounds, perform education, and design and lead interventions to improve infection control. The IP addresses infection control issues within the medical center as well as those in the community that impacts patients admitted to the hospital. The IP helps to set infection control policies and serves as a resource to administrators, physicians, staff, and the community regarding infection control practices.
• Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
• Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Effective at building formal and informal networks inside and outside the organization to further departmental and institutional goals.
• Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
• An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
• Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your perspective and priorities.
• Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles.
• Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious.
• Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
• Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science or other related health field plus 3-4 years’ experience in Infection Control setting required
• Master’s Degree in Public Health/Industrial Hygiene preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top