Immunology Postdoctoral Fellow – Department of Computational & Systems Biology/Department of Pathology/Computational Oncology (Hollmann Lab)
- New York, NY
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians and other health care workers.
We are looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows interested in investigating immune spatial heterogeneity in human cancers. These projects are based on high-dimensional tissue imaging of the tumor and associated microenvironment with single-cell protein expression analysis and subsequent integration of genomic DNA/RNA profiling. The intention is to better define the function and development of the tumor/immune ecosystem to ultimately improve patient immunotherapeutic selection and prognostication, to better understand and overcome therapeutic resistance and to improve our understanding of biologic states in space and time.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with quantitative experimentalists and computational scientists to conduct and publish research in a rapidly expanding investigational field with significant room for growth and ground-level development
- Use new experimental tools and design novel methods and assays to address problems in human tumor immunology
- Design and actualize high-dimensional spatial profiling studies within the immunopathology lab
- Work with high dimensional imaging data from a variety of cutting-edge platforms such as MIBI, Codex, Vectra/Polaris and Nanostring GeoMx
- Design strategies to analyze high dimensional imaging data
- Integrate imaging data with genomic DNA/RNA profiling
- Correlate findings with ongoing and recent clinical trials outcomes
- Author journal papers and attend conferences
The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD or MS degree in immunology
- Publication record in biologic or quantitative sciences
- Experience with R for data analysis and statistics
- Coding skills (esp. Python) would be helpful
- Recent graduates, MS, and PhD candidates who will defend soon are welcome
Interested applicants should apply including CV, a letter outlining your interest and names/contact infomraiton of three references.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top