Financial Analyst, Research Financial Planning
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Financial Analyst is an integral member of a team that is responsible for the financial data coordination and analysis of Research Enterprise budgets, expenditures, and related activities. You will be part of the Research Financial Planning unit of the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA).
- Knowledgeable about financial planning and analysis and able to apply this knowledge to advance the organization's goals.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear, or the way forward is not obvious.
- Work to identify, summarize and report on financial trends that impact SKI using data from various tools
- Participate in departmental projects, develop and maintain reports
- Monitor the overall operating and capital expense and revenue budgets and ensure that spending levels are consistent with forecasts
- Review and approve indirect cost expenditures
- Coordinate the use and access to system data in collaboration with Research and Technology Management's IT Department
- Work with the other units within ORPA to create reports and analyze data needed for operational decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Systems
- At least 3 years of data analysis experience
- Grants management and budgeting experience highly preferred
- Extensive familiarity with relational databases, Excel, and SQL #LI-POST
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer! ->reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Meet Some of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's Employees
Miguel B.Lead Software Engineer
Miguel provides insight on the data collected from all cancer research, ensuring every product in the hospital is backed by data science.
Back to top