At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking an Electrician to maintain, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment at our location in New York City.
- Assess job to be accomplished: review blueprints, diagrams, work orders; discuss project with customer; determine appropriate materials to be used; gather equipment, tools and materials needed.
- Perform routine and specialized electrical installations, repairs, and maintenance in accordance with NY City electrical codes with minimal supervision.
- Install, repair, replace and test alarm and communication systems, electrical circuits and equipment.
- Perform all tasks related to electrical construction and installation (g., wiring for heat, light and power).
- Respond to customer questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and secure work environment. Ensures proper care and use of tools, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Take necessary precautions to comply with institutional, departmental, or regulatory agency safety requirements.
- Document time worked, work order status, and supplies needed for each assignment.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- High school, vocational trade school or equivalent education
- Knowledge of NY City electrical codes and sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non-routine difficulty with minimal supervision
- 3 years hospital/institution experience
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top