The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world’s most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you looking for your next career challenge? We are excited to be recruiting a Director of Integrated Marketing —International & Growth Areas, who is ready to explore new frontiers of marketing at one of the world’s leading cancer centers. This role is a critical building block in our efforts to pursue strategic growth initiatives, engage new audiences, and build MSK’s brand around the world, in alignment with our mission and values.
You will work across MSK to develop and implement strategic marketing plans, content and tactics that foster awareness of and demand for MSK’s expertise and services with a wide range of audiences. You will be involved in shaping narratives and programming that showcase our subspecialized cancer expertise, diverse clinical, academic and business collaborations, and compelling patient stories in a global context. A few examples of the work involved include:
- Expanding access to MSK’s cancer expertise for patients and caregivers in India, while cultivating a community of cancer experts across the subcontinent through educational programs
- Joining forces with a wide range of global and local partners who share our mission to cure cancer, everywhere
- Driving visibility for clinical services and offerings that help position MSK earlier in one’s cancer journey, including screening & prevention and early detection/diagnosis
Reporting to our VP of Integrated Marketing & Communication, you will:
- Partner with clinical, academic and enterprise function leaders and their teams to understand MSK’s strategic priorities, business objectives, strategic growth areas, and our global cancer ecosystem to develop targeted and comprehensive marketing & communication strategies in alignment with institutional vision, mission and values.
- Use competitive analysis and positioning and market/audience research to inform and develop value propositions, segmentation, and messaging and to craft and lead truly integrated and multichannel plans, campaigns, content, tactics and timelines to drive desired results in support of relevant programs and services.
- Work closely with colleagues on MSK’s Marketing & Communication team to bring plans to life, including the expertise of many disciplines such as brand & advertising, design & creative, media relations, editorial, digital and content strategy, and marketing technology, operations and analytics teams.
- Reimagine how key audiences will be pulled to and experience our international and strategic growth initiatives and offerings, including appropriate destinations/digital presence on MSKCC.org and some third-party/partner sites. Regularly develop or refresh content and look for optimization opportunities on MSKCC.org pertaining to these programs and services.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on marketing performance and make recommendations to adjust approaches and boost results.
- Provide guidance to agency partner or other contracted employees, as needed, to meet objectives. Work with manager and peers to identify, recruit and develop talent to grow our marketing & communication team, over time.
- Work across international time zones with colleagues and partners on a regular basis. Travel domestically or internationally, as needed/occasionally, to work with partners or other stakeholders in the planning and execution of marketing programs.
- 10+ years of work experience in international marketing or similar role combining strategy and execution, applying a broad range of business, marketing and analytical skills and knowledge to manage complex work assignments that engage audiences around the world.
- Experience living and/or working outside of the U.S., building keen cultural competence and understanding in various regions of the world. Proficiency in languages other than English is desirable, including languages of the Asia Pacific and Middle Eastern regions.
- Outstanding writing, editing, presentation, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize sophisticated information or convey complex ideas in accessible and relatable terms.
- Varied educational experiences or exposure to the following domain areas: business, marketing, communication, journalism, international relations, or related fields. Exposure to STEM topics a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and enterprise software skills. Deep experience and comfort with managing customer/partner data, marketing automation software, and campaign measurement tools. Salesforce or other marketing automation platform experience required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Yammer) and other collaboration, digital content management, and project management tools required.
- Enthusiasm for and dedication to MSK’s mission.
Pay Range $153,900.00-$254,000.00.
Please click to learn more about MSK’s compensation philosophy.
*This is a remote or hybrid role (East Coast hours) that requires flexibility for occasional travel both nationally and internationally.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.