Data Coordinator, Development
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK Development is currently seeking a hard-working, detailed-oriented Data Coordinator to support the Gift Administration and Donor Services team. This full-time position will contribute to the efforts of being donor centric while fostering data integrity and database quality that forms the backbone of reporting. The Data Coordinator is responsible for:
- Processing of all gift transactions received by Memorial Sloan Kettering and for the maintenance of gift information in the MSK fundraising database
- Always working to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of the database; including gift processing, data input and output, as well as records maintenance
- Applying the analytical skills and judgment required to identify the appropriate handling of tribute gifts and notifications
- Ensuring timely, accurate data entry to facilitate the generation of donor acknowledgement letters
- Updating donor database regularly to incorporate new information
- Executing funding and account attribution decisions, apply business rules and procedures specific to individual, planned, corporate, foundation, and other third-party gifts
- Maintaining the integrity of financial data, correspondence, and a wide variety of account-related data throughout the gift input process
- Troubleshooting problems and concerns on matters related to the maintenance of gift and donor records
- Using independent judgment to resolve or escalate issues
- Ability to clearly communicate decisions and resolutions to any internal or external stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a high-volume, non-profit service environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with a large database required
- Experience with data analysis or strategic thinking environment
- Information databases and proficiency using search techniques related to research
- Experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, word processing, and other standard desktop applications required
- Attention to detail is critical
- Excellent analytical skills, detail orientated, and dedicated work ethic #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top