At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Please note that effective July 1, 2021, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. Our extraordinary scientists and clinicians work together to drive innovation and tackle some of the greatest challenges of biomedical science. We are seeking a Clinical Research Specialist. In this role, you may be assigned working in the clinic, preceptorship of research staff, and special assignments (i.e. short-term studies, CRC training, etc).
Candidates with Office Coordinator, Care Coordinator, or Clinical Research Coordinator experience in a healthcare setting are preferred.
- Curious and eager to take on a wide variety of problems across the clinical research community at MSK
- Adaptable to the demands of other internal groups
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and live up to obligations
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances within the various departments
- Be responsible for coordinating and performing tasks related to clinic
- Provide clinic support by assisting with patient management on study
- Support and help ensure complete regulatory compliance and data collection in clinic
- Coordinate meetings with the PIs and provide assistance to other CRCs as needed
- Ensure that all appropriate institutional, state, and federal regulations are followed throughout the research protocols
- Assist with training new staff members as needed
- Assist with short-term projects and provide cross-coverage to various research teams
- A Bachelor’s degree plus one year of clinical-related experience, or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree - a high school diploma with 3 years of clinical research experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving abilities to analyze situations, draw conclusions, make recommendations as needed and convey this information in a timely and proficient manner
- The ability to multitask and use specialized knowledge and experience to handle complex work assignments, including cross-coverage throughout the institution
- A dedication to attention to detail and a natural inclination to take initiative
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.