Clinical Nurse - Wound Care Team Inpatient setting, Fulltime, NYC
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you looking to join a nursing team who provides the highest quality care to patients? Do you want to make a difference each workday?
If so, we are looking for a clinical nurse who have experience with wounds to join our treatment room. The Treatment Room Clinical Nurse provides nursing care to hospitalized oncology patients with complex wounds, performs assessments and develops treatment plans to optimize wound healing. Acts as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide education, support and continuity of care throughout the various stages of treatment and follow-up.
- Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Implement the nursing process for medical and surgical patients requiring intensive monitoring and nursing interventions in our Wound Care team.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate continuity of care.
- Provide exceptional patient centered care to our patients which includes wound and ostomy care.
- A minimum of 1.5 years of Clinical RN experience
- Extensive Wound/Ostomy care experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN)
- Current New York State RN License/Registration
- BCLS Certification
- WOCN preferred
- 7:00am to 7:30pm Monday through Friday with weekend rotation.
Please Note - This opportunity is not open to New Graduate RNs.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Meet Some of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's Employees
Miguel B.Lead Software Engineer
Miguel provides insight on the data collected from all cancer research, ensuring every product in the hospital is backed by data science.
Back to top