At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to oncology patients and families in a healing and innovative environment
- Nursing at MSK
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Work within an expanding Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Provide clinical support to staff members and assist with the medical management of a caseload of ambulatory GI Solid Tumor oncology patients.
- Perform outpatient assessment and offer patient and family education.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up.
- New York State RN license and BSN
- 1.5 years of related experience required
- 1.5 – 2 years of oncology experience strongly preferred
- GI Medical experience strongly preferred
- GI Surgical experience strongly preferred
- Full time
- 4 x 10 hour days flexed Monday–Friday
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.