Clinical Nurse - Infusion, Hematology, Ambulatory setting, NYC, Fulltime
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are providers:
- Compassionate, evidence-based nursing to Oncology patients and their families living with cancer in a healing and creative environment
- Dedicated to relationship based care for patients and staff
- Involved in extensive clinical trials growing cancer treatment.
- Enrolled in ongoing educational opportunities and skill development
- Nursing at MSK
- Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A creative decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that maintains excellent standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
- Approachable and skilled with providing care to diverse groups of people.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Function in reciprocal Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Manage a select caseload of patients receiving chemotherapy on an outpatient basis
- Administer chemotherapy, perform patient assessment, and provide symptom management and patient and family education.
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
- Participate in an individualized training/orientation program geared to providing nursing care in ambulatory setting.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of Oncology treatment and follow-up.
- New York State RN license and BSN
- 1.5 years of Oncology experience required
- Chemotherapy certification required
Hours: Full time days (7am-10pm flexed three days x 12 hour shifts) and weekend rotation
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top