Clinical Nurse- Apheresis Unit at the David H. Koch for Cancer Care
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Nurse- Apheresis Unit at the David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care
We Are Providers:
- Compassionate, evidence-based nursing to Oncology patients and their families living with cancer in a healing and creative environment.
- Dedicated to relationship-based care for patients and staff.
- Involved in extensive clinical trials growing cancer treatment.
- Enrolled in ongoing educational opportunities and skill development
- Nursing at MSK
- Willing to take action and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A creative decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that maintains standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
- Approachable and skilled with providing clinical care to diverse groups of people.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Perform photopheresis and therapeutic apheresis procedure to collect stem cells & other blood components.
- Assesses physical status of patient pre and post treatment. Identifies patient problems and needs.
- Reviews all necessary documentation before beginning procedure IE: collection order, documentation of catheter tip placement, physician orders for the procedure, patient consent and medical history form
- Perform all venipunctures and access VADs per nursing policy using accepted principles of infection control
- Provides physical care and administers medications according to established nursing policies and procedures
- Communicates with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure safe and effective care.
- Provide education to patients, and families about treatment plan and associated procedures.
- New York State RN license and BSN
- 1.5 years of related medical/surgical experience required; Previous E.D., ICU, Dialysis or I.V. Team experience highly referred.
- Strong IV insertion skills highly preferred.
- Experience with Apheresis procedures preferred, but will provide extensive training to novice Apheresis staff.
Shift: 10 hour shifts 8:00am – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday with Weekend Rotation and On Call Requirements.
Please note: This opportunity is not eligible for New Grad Nurses
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Meet Some of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's Employees
Miguel B.Lead Software Engineer
Miguel provides insight on the data collected from all cancer research, ensuring every product in the hospital is backed by data science.
Back to top