- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
At MSK, you’ll use your unique training and specialized skills to help our patients heal. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, innovate, and set new standards in cancer care. With access to the latest equipment, technologies, and procedures, our team works at the leading edge of innovation. Our core mission is to make imaging and therapy more specific, sensitive, safe, and effective. Are you ready to join us as a Chief Therapist in Manhattan?
- Focused on continuous improvement, knowing the most effective and efficient processes to optimize work flow
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Direct the department's therapy services, overall operations, administration, personnel, operating budget, and administrative functions
Be responsible for the operational performance of the site’s therapy services
- Provide leadership and collaborate for the expansion and growth with the Department Chair, Department Administrator and Regional Administration
- Develop, monitor and maintain a flexible staffing model and resource sharing opportunities across all sites continuously evaluating staff
- Advance the quality of sectional practice to promote an environment of safety and regulatory compliance
- Formulate and institute improvement pathways in the clinical environment as they pertain to sectional operation
- Ensure standards of practice and practice guidelines for therapy services in all treatment environments across all sectors of the department
- Develop and maintain clinical competencies for the radiation therapy staff in all clinical sites
- Oversee and monitor continuing education requirements for maintenance of radiation therapist certification and licensure
- Provide leadership in the development of orientation and competency assessment of new and rotating clinical staff
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; Associates degree or comparable accredited program requiring focused technical and clinical education beyond high school is required
- Radiation Therapy License registered in the state of New York
- Minimum of two years of clinical supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership skills
- MRI Certification is preferred
- ARRT registration and certification on Radiation Therapy
- Excellent leadership and management skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top