Cancer Tumor Registrar - 100% Remote
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Cancer Registry Department is seeking a Cancer Registrar/Abstraction Specialist to analyze electronic medical records, and abstract clinical, pathological, therapeutic and epidemiologic data in accordance with established oncology data collection practices/standards, American College of Surgeons/Commission on Cancer Standards, NY State Department of Health, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) guidelines.
- Determine if a case qualifies for accessioning into the database.
- Analyze medical records and assign correct codes utilizing the appropriate oncology standards and data collection practices.
- Enter all information into Metriq software.
- Work 100% remote from your home office
- CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar) Credential Required. Please highlight certification on your resume.
- Associates Degree in Health Related Field.
- 3+ years of abstracting experience as a CTR (Certified Tumor Registrar) in a COC accredited hospital using Metriq Software.
- Proficiency using Metriq Software preferred.
- Ability to use an electronic medical record for data abstraction.
- Proficiency using MS Office software, particularly Outlook, Excel, and WORD.
- Thorough knowledge of reportable malignant and non-malignant diseases, cancer staging and treatment, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and ICD-O-3 coding.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top