- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is looking for a Cafeteria Associate to work at our Jose Robertson Surgery Center(JRSC) located at 1133 York Ave, New York, New York.
- Committed to productivity
- Motivated to provide exceptional customer service
- Eager to approach new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Set up, maintain, and break down the workstation including equipment, serving ware, utensils, supplies and food items, so that assigned station(s) are ready for service
- Prepare and serve food items to patrons adhering to established departmental guidelines
- Transact food purchases utilizing cash register
- Follow established safety precautions and sanitation procedures
- Schedule: Days and shifts will vary. Must be flexibile for all hours.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Ability to calculate basic math functions
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry and push heavy equipment up to 30lbs to various locations
- Food service, customer service, or cash handling experience required
- Food Handler’s Certificate a plus
Competitive compensation | Sick Time | Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care| 403b Retirement Savings Plan Match |Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top