At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The mission of CMO Computational Sciences (CCS) is to innovate new computational science that accelerates discovery in, and the practice of, molecular-driven cancer medicine. This team of experienced computational biologists catalyze institution-wide collaborative science in translational genomics. Projects focus on immunogenomics, correlative genomics in early-phase clinical trials, evolutionary analysis of disease, mutant allele discovery and validation, disease-specific and pan-cancer studies, precision disease model genomics, novel methods development, the interface of inherited and somatic genetics, the development of complex genetic signatures, and new prognostic and therapeutic biomarkers.
Do you want to join an innovative team and contribute to cancer research? Are you creative and interested in solving meaningful problems? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference with your career. We believe that this is an outstanding role for someone who has the background to be a part of our dynamic team and who wants to apply their skills to support our mission here.
- Capable of building customer relationships and delivering solutions
- A decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational needs
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Master’s degree bioinformatics, computer Science or mathematics. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in an equivalent field with at least two years of experience
- Proficient in R and Python, including building R packages and Python modules
- Experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of C, C++, or Java
- Demonstrated ability to produce well-designed, detailed, version controlled code
- Knowledge of publicly available bioinformatics software tools, their APIs and standard file formats
- Familiar with biological principles
- Knowledge of probability and statistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to contribute to a team and to provide technical expertise and advice to researchers software/bioinformatics engineers
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Meet Some of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's Employees
Miguel B.Lead Software Engineer
Miguel provides insight on the data collected from all cancer research, ensuring every product in the hospital is backed by data science.
Back to top