- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Budget Associate in Research Financial Management is responsible for the financial coordination and analyses of budgets, expenditures and related activities under the direction of Manager, Research Financial Management. The Budget Associate coordinates select financial functions and projects for the team to ensure timely, accurate and efficient financial reporting and budget preparation.
- Perform various detailed routine and ad hoc analyses
- Review, Monitor and update financial controls across all Research Financial Management cost centers
- Input and update data into spreadsheets and databases as required
- Follow up and coordinate with all Research Fund Managers for specific analyses
- Assist with preparation of budget related documents and analysis of budget variances
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Finance, Accounting, Healthcare Admin) or equivalent experience required
- 2 years budget experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Intermediate budget preparation and budget analysis skills needed to ensure comprehensive management of divisional budgets, expenditure and related activity
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Experience and knowledge of reporting, analysis on sponsored grants preferred #LI-Post
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top