At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you love providing technical consulting on complex projects? Enjoy working independently and as a team leader providing mentorship related to the business implications for applications and various systems?
We are looking for an Application Specialist to serve as the senior technical advisor to the Research and Technology Management (RTM), Information Systems Support (ISS) unit.
You will advise the Director and staff on technical merits surrounding RTM applications and support the IT requirements of RTM, including the analysis, design and testing of applications and user training. In addition, you will support internal applications, collaborate with other corporate systems and advise regarding technical matters.
- Develop (analyze requirements, design code, document and test) VBA – Access, MS-SQl server stored procedures and Web based applications using ASP and ASP.NET.
- Create and maintain complex reports using MS Reporting Services
- Devises and or modifies procedures to solve the most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Maintain user accounts and security in Research and Technology Management applications and ensure security of departmental data with a thorough working knowledge standard methodologies and MSKCC policy.
- Liaison with IT department to resolve hardware issues, security issues and other application issues.
- Support nightly jobs and processes ensuring that failed jobs are analyzed and corrected for data integrity.
- Perform SQL server DBA functions and work with central IT DBA to resolve issues.
- Possess a deep understanding of the existing and new data structures and business processes associated with Research and Technology Management and affiliated MSK departments.
- Configure and develop Huron applications according to user specifications.
- Provide expert technical and data analysis skills with a complete understanding of ERA (Electronic Research Administration).
- Undergraduate degree and 7-10 years work experience in system development in financial accounting systems. Knowledge of PeopleSoft HR, experience working with grants and contract applications, and experience with Oracle and/or Sybase databases.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology preferred
- The desire and capability to leverage your IT skills into new technologies
- The ability to deeply understand the business functions and challenges faced by operations staff, and the competence to transform information technology into solutions. Current supported application business functions include: Outside interests disclosure (COI), Grants and Contracts, finance and budgets, various legal contracts and lab safety but are likely to expand.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top