Application Analyst II, Accounts Payable
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking an individual with superb communications skills and technical competencies for the Application Analyst II, Accounts Payable position. Under the direction and mentorship of the Sr. Application Analyst and other members of the Accounts Payable Application Support Team, you will serve in the capacity of both project support and project lead across a wide array of Payables related applications. You will work multi-functionally with other departments to help develop and improve such processes and applications and you will assist your management as needed in an electronic E-commerce environment that includes multiple web and cloud-based applications.
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated individual who has as one of their main job objectives a strong commitment to providing enthusiastic, dedicated, and outstanding user and application support coupled with a passionate and pervasive interest in problem solving based on a comprehensive understanding of all relevant details that also includes a constantly expanding curiosity with respect to product knowledge which is never fully satisfied.
In addition, this candidate will be able to serve in the capacity of project lead from beginning to end when called upon to do so. Such an individual will also relish being on the leading technological edge with respect to many of their responsibilities, which are delineated below.
- Participate in onboarding new and legacy suppliers in the eCommerce portal powered by Coupa by utilizing automated workflow and approval processes. This also includes data validation across different platforms.
- Assist suppliers in migrating from the MSK Supplier portal powered by Taulia to the eCommerce portal powered by Coupa.
- Actively participate in testing and assisting new suppliers as needed with automated invoice submission and transmission of invoices formatted as CXML or CSV files in the eCommerce portal powered by Coupa
- Also actively participate in testing all Payables related upgrades which are within the eCommerce application.
- Help resolve various integration problems across multiple platforms.
- Create and follow-up regarding requests for assistance in both the MSK Supplier and eCommerce applications to insure that the work flow is correct, that applications are functioning properly, and that supplier and user concerns are fully addressed.
- Assist MSKCC users with respect to all functionalities within the eCommerce application and also with respect to external payables related applications if called upon to do so.
- Perform administrative tasks primarily within the eCommerce Portal but also within related applications as needed.
- Assist In other payables processes such as Annual 1099 “Misc” Processing, which Includes verifying automated invoice load results into MSKCC’s ERP (SmartStream) of data received from Development and Payroll, generating the 1099 input file for the Institution’s third party 1099 software provider (who creates the 1099 file for the IRS and hardcopy documents that are sent to all appropriate recipients as well as summary data reconciliation reports), utilization of an in-house developed process to categorize and analyze summary and detailed data for reconciliation with reports provided by our third party 1099 software provider, and assisting the Sr. Application Analyst and the Associate Director of Accounts Payable in their review of all related summary and detailed data.
Do you have the following background?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with major areas of study in Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field
- 4-7 years of experience in Information Systems, Healthcare and/or Accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Writing skills include technical manuals, reference manuals, user manuals, and training manuals.
- Superior organization and time management skills.
- Some knowledge and understanding of cXML file structure and programming language
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in Integrations between multiple web or cloud-based Procure to Pay (P2P) applications
- Presentation skills as required for training
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top