Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) – Thoracic Surgery Inpatient Service (Nights)
- New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) – Thoracic Surgery Inpatient Service
Hours: 6pm to 6am (NIGHTS)
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to provide comprehensive care to the Thoracic Surgical inpatient service to meet the medical, surgical and psychosocial needs of our patients, implement and evaluate standards of care, and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care.
- A good decision-maker, known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- You are able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- You are effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Openly relatable and comfortable with diverse groups of people
- Flexible with schedule
- Adaptable in approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members
- Provide comprehensive care to inpatient surgical oncology patients
- Meet the medical needs of patients
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR AN NP CANDIDATE ARE:
- Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- 3+ years of related clinical experience
- Related National NP certification
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR A PA CANDIDATE ARE:
- Graduate from an accredited PA program
- NCCPA certification
- Active New York State license or be qualified for state licensure
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience is preferred
Hours: 6pm to 6am, rotating weekends and holidays; 13 shifts per month
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top