Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)-Days
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider-Psychiatry-Employee Health & Wellness- (APP-Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
The Occupational Health Clinic, part of Employee Health & Wellness Services (EHWS) is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP-Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant). EHWS provides more than 45,000 clinic visits per year. Are you ready to join this team and make a difference each day for over 18,000 employees?
In this role you will:
- Play a substantial role in the mental health evaluation/support of employees, and serve as a mental health consultant to the organization
- Set strategic priorities, develop, and implement plans to optimize work-related mental health and wellness
- Provide individual employee evaluation including review of employee’s cognitive or mental health function as it may apply to their ability to work safely
- Assess employees for impairment and oversee treatment plans between outside professionals
- Collaborate with multiple partners across MSK including Employee Wellness, Psychiatry and Social Work, Research & Clinical Training, Employee Assistance Program, Legal, Human Resources to support best management of mental health-related issues in the workplace
- Develop and foster relationships with faculty and other clinical staff to support organizational efforts to prevent and manage burnout
- Participate in relevant Committees and Councils (e.g. Building Resilience; Employee Mental Health; Threat Management/Workplace Violence; GME Wellness; Drug & Alcohol Surveillance, Staff Support Response Team; Physician Burnout Committee)
- Report directly to the Medical Director of Employee Health & Wellness Department
The ideal candidate should have:
- Active NP (Psychiatry) or PA credentials and licenses.
- Experience treating working people and providing consultation services to an organization
Are you passionate about mental and occupational health and ready to join our team?
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top