Accounts Payable Associate
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you able to maintain a heavy workload? Passionate about organization and follow-up? Then, apply to work for us at MSK. We are seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our team.
You will contribute to the team by ensuring that disbursements are made in full compliance with all MSKCC policies, guidelines, and procedures. You will be responsible for deeply analyzing multiple, diverse Payables related transactions in conjunction with entering such transactions after taking all necessary steps to ensure that these transactions adhere to Institutional policies and procedures. The position also consults with members of the Accounts Payable Team to help facilitate these activities.
- Eager to take action and embrace new opportunities/tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Effective at building formal and informal networks inside and outside the organization to further departmental and institutional goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success in making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex information.
- Familiar with the Coupa cloud-based Procure-To-Pay application.
- Assist with approving and reviewing employee expenses.
- Enter disbursements and process invoices in the cloud-based MSK eCommerce application (hosted by Coupa) and assist the Accounts Payable Supervisors when called upon to do so to help insure that invoices entered into that application have flowed correctly into MSKCC’s ERP application (SmartStream).
- Ensure all disbursements are processed completely and promptly
- Confirm mathematical accuracy and verify that account coding is correct for all check requests and invoices.
- Accurately process invoices for goods and services to vendors and for reimbursements to employees for business expenses.
- Enter specialized invoices such as Royalty payments and Dependent-College tuition payments.
- Obtain completed W9 forms from vendors for invoices processed via Check Requests.
- Review vendor statements and shipping authorization for goods returned. Apply for credits from internal shipping authorizations for vendor returns.
- Monitor monthly vendor statements, ensuring all transactions are supported with appropriate documentation.
- Confirm accounting distributions are properly coded by general ledger listings so transactions are accurately recorded in the general ledger
- Bring to the attention of Accounts Payable management any payment request that may have a questionable Institutional purpose or appears to be suspect or fraudulent.
- Scan all supporting documents to appropriately link to invoices (supported by purchase orders) and check requests that are entered in a cloud-based e-Commerce application (Coupa) coupled with entering such invoices and check requests into that application.
- Ensure that all scanned, supporting documents correctly match invoices against system-generated purchase orders and check requests. This includes but is not limited solely to a review of the vendor id, vendor tax number, vendor name, vendor remittance address, vendor item, vendor item price, and vendor item quantity.
- Assist General Accounting, Financial Planning, and the Audit department with any documentation needed for reporting.
- Work: Monday - Friday 9AM - 5:00PM
Is your background a fit?
- High School Diploma with 2-4 years of experiences working in a high-volume, automated Accounts Payable application.
- Intermediate Excel skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top