2019 Science Graduates - Research Technician
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you graduating in 2019 with a strong interest and background in science? Is bench work your passion? We are seeking talented Research Technicians to join our labs. Canidates graduating with their Bachelor's in Biology, Chemistry, etc and lab experience preferred.
You will perform research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science-based projects. You will normally receive detailed instructions while making observations, analyzing data and interpreting results according to laboratory procedures. The Research Technician will provide support to all technical/research staff and postdocs.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Prepares laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies as instructed for research experiments.
- Work may involve culture and/or cell separation methods; electrophoretic separations: assays (e.g., RIA, TIA, ELISA); basic biology or other specialized science techniques depending on the lab.
- Operates lab equipment such as centrifuges, pH meters, analytical balancers, scintillation counters, spectrophotometers, light microscopes and other equipment as instructed.
- May be involved in animal handling requiring injection of animals, collection/harvesting of tissues, fluids; animal autopsies in order to make chemical identification and conduct analyses.
- Responds to and completes tasks as instructed by the P.I. and staff associated with designated research projects by carrying out the requested activities.
- Provides assistance with other on-going research for peers and research personnel in the laboratory by completing tasks related to the projects within the deadline specified.
- Performs necessary analysis and calculations, records data and writes reports on research findings.
- Have no issues working on mice or mousing handling
- Bachelors Degree in Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with relevant laboratory experience. #LI-POST
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Back to top