Senior Network Engineer
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of a 24x7x365 available network.
- Install, configure, and maintain a variety of heterogenous network vendor equipment.
- Act as an escalation point for network, firewall and load balancer incidents.
- Develop initiatives to improve firewall, VPN, or load balancer service reliability and availability.
- Participate in strategic, capacity, and performance planning.
- 5 - 8+ years of experience in networking, specifically in large, multiple data center environments.
- Experience in consulting, design, implementation, and migration projects.
- Hands-on experience with various networking technologies and products.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of routing protocols, specifically BGP/OSPF/OSPFv3
- MLAG trunking, specifically Force10/Dell
- Maintenance Palo Alto and Juniper SRX Firewalls
- Load Balancers/Reverse proxies Citrix Netscaler, HAProxy, Nginx
- Monitoring/Reporting tools (Cacti/OpenNMS/Signalfx etc)
- Detailed Knowledge of Linux/UNIX TCP/IP stack and routing/switching
- Root cause analysis and remediation planning
- Experience with AWS networking services (VPC, Direct Connect, VPC Flowlogs, etc.)
- Scripting and automation, as well as the discretion to understand when it makes sense to automate and when it does not
- Deep understanding of application protocols – HTTP/2, HTTPS, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, etc.
Meet Some of Meet Group's Employees
Bobby creates the code that powers The Meet Group’s MeetMe app, developing iOS features that make for outstanding user experiences and help people connect across the globe.
Back to top