Registered Nurse II – OP
About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
General Summary of Position
MNRN is currently seeking a highly motivated Registered Nurse (RN) who will be responsible for the assessment and direction of patient care in the Outpatient Physician Center (OPC).The RN will consult with staff, physicians and the manager of OPC on nursing problems and interpretation of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) policies to ensure patient needs are met. The RN will also maintain performance improvement activities within the department and participate in performance improvement activities.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required. Bachelor's Degree, BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing with a Bachelor's Degree in other related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year clinical experience in an outpatient clinic setting and a minimum of 2 years of nursing experience required.
LICENSE/CERT/REG: Current RN license in the jurisdiction of practice.
SKILLS: The ideal candidate will have proven sound judgment skills with reference to Nursing ethical guidelines and patient care. The RN II must be compassionate towards patients and family members, have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team of various medical professionals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Performs an assessment on all patients and reassesses as needed while adapting and expanding upon standard assessment and treatment techniques. Collaborates with physicians to review treatment plans on assigned patients.
- Assigns personnel, delegate's specific duties and tasks on a daily basis and communicates changes in treatment plan to the nursing staff. Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patient's needs are met and MNRN's policies are followed. Continuously supervises staff to ensure quality of nursing care.
- Accurately reviews and records patient acuity ratings on the nursing treatment record.
- Adheres to protocols and best practice guidelines for all OPC clinics (Amputee, Spasticity,Urology, Wound and Musculoskeletal, etc.). Demonstrates clinical expertise in area of specialty and acts as a resource for co-workers. Ensures that documentation meets current standards and policies and is completed at end of business day.
- Functions as a role model for the practice of rehabilitation nursing through demonstration of professional conduct and ethical standards of practice.
- Completes admission/discharge assessments in the electronic medical record
- Supports and assists the Provider with Interventional Radiology Procedures to include, but not limited to, Spinal Procedures at various levels, Radiofrequency Ablation Procedures, and in-office procedures which may include injections for Spasticity Management
- Demonstrates efficiency and guides team in maximizing use of nursing services. Plans, organizes and provides orientation and in-service training for nurses and team members new to the Outpatient Center.
- Collaborates with the patient, family and other team members to establish short and long term treatment goals. Identifies and diffuses an existing or potential problem situation. Maintains a good working relationship and effective communication both within the department and with other departments for the benefit of the patient.
- Ensures confidentiality of patients' records and documents patient care activities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Facilitates coordination and takes leadership role in rounds, patient conferences and family conferences as appropriate.
- Implements Universal Precautions and Universal Protocol and is knowledgeable about
- Infection Control practices. Performance reflects knowledge in all areas of care specific to rehabilitation nursing.
- Is knowledgeable of medications and their correct administration based on the clinical condition of the patient.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates Baclofen pump refills for all patients with the physician, case manager and patient.
- Seeks and uses resources effectively to treat complex patients or patients with diagnoses not in their area of expertise.
- Maintains performance improvement for the Outpatient Center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Back to top