Registered Nurse – Float
MNRN is seeking experienced nurses from an acute care medical-surgical background, who are eager to learn the nuances of caring for patients in our acute, inpatient rehabilitation setting. You must be competent to care for adult patients with neurological conditions (stroke and brain injury), orthopedic conditions (spinal cord injury, amputations, complex joint replacements), and cardiac patients. Prior experience in pediatrics, a plus.
The Float Registered Nurse (Float RN) is accountable for management of a selected group of patients on a 24-hour basis. In addition, the Float RN assumes the responsibility for providing support to the Primary Nurse Team through mentorship, education leadership and evaluation. The Float RN will adhere to the departmental policies regarding scheduling as they will be working in various departments based on clinical need.
In exchange for the experience and flexibility that is brought to this position, there is a generous hourly stipend of $5.00.
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
General Summary of Position:
The Float Registered Nurse (Float RN) is accountable for management of a selected group of patients on a 24-hour basis. In addition, the Float RN assumes the responsibility for providing support to the Primary Nurse Team through mentorship, education leadership and evaluation. The Float RN will adhere to the departmental policies regarding scheduling as they will be working in various departments base on clinical need.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
EXPERIENCE: Must be quantifiable (i.e. min 1 year experience within Rehab or acute setting)
LICENSE/CERT/REG: DC nursing license or eligibility and Evidence of current CPR card. CRRN preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides effective and efficient patient care and provides all patient care as indicated in the nursing policies and procedures.
- Seeks and uses resources effectively to treat complex patients or patients with diagnoses not in their area of expertise.
- Participates in patient and family conferences as indicated while collaborating with the patient, family and other team members to establish short and long term treatment goals.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in area of specialty and acts as a resource for co-workers.
- Functions as a role model for the practice of Rehabilitation Nursing through demonstration of professional conduct and ethical standards of practice while teaching staff, students and other professionals.
- Assists with orientation of new staff.
- Demonstrates efficiency and guides Patient Care Technicians in maximizing use of nursing services while delegating appropriately and following up on assignments given to PCTs on the unit.
- Provides supervision to assigned Patient Care Technicians to include input to performance appraisals as assigned.
- Documents patient care activities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Accurately assesses and records Functional Improvement Ratings within established guidelines.
- Demonstrates competency in completing the current electronic documentation system.
- Completes documentation of medication administration and PT treatment in the electronic record.
- Accurately reports patient acuity rating in the electronic record.
- Actively participates and problem solves on service/hospital task forces and committees.
- Participates in quality improvement and program evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact:
Back to top