Outpatient Physical Therapist
About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
General Summary of Position
The Physical Therapist provides physical therapy services to outpatients/clients, to include but not limited to screening and evaluation, treatment planning, treatment implementation, treatment re-assessment and revision, patient/client re-evaluation, discharge planning, and documentation in a variety of outpatient settings. The Physical Therapist participates as requested in program planning and protocol development and assists the team in meeting established goals
EDUCATION: Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy. Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
EXPERIENCE: No previous experience required
LICENSE/CERT/REG: Maryland, District of Columbia (DC), and/or Virginia licensure required as deemed necessary for your specific location(s). American Heart Association's BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification required.
SKILLS: Professional competency as a general practitioner in physical therapy; demonstrates independent use of varied evaluation and treatment approaches.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides evaluation services including review of pertinent history information, performance of specific assessments, and determination of recommendations and documentation of results. Explains evaluation findings and treatment plan to patient and family and incorporates patient and family in the goals setting.
- Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of treatment protocols based upon evaluation findings, the patient's presentation and the evolving health care environment. Consults with other healthcare professionals as indicated. Recognizes and documents changes in patient's condition requiring modification of the plan of care and/or the need for medical/rehabilitation consultation.
- Completes appropriate discharge planning and follow-up care. Accurately and timely documents and charges for patient care activities in light of our evolving health care environment, painting a clear picture of the patient's course of care including focused initial evaluation/plan of care that establishes baseline and goals, legible daily encounter notes, interim progress summaries, and discharge evaluation.
- Demonstrates effective time management and meets productivity expectations. Maintains an accurate schedule. Is timely and punctual and for meetings. Participates in hospital and community-based marketing activities.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of established department goals and objective. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Takes initiative in pursuing and directing continuing education for professional growth and competency for self and organization. Serves as a clinical instructor to assign students.
- Promotes excellent customer experience and great access to care through flexibility and adaptability. Participates in team removal of barriers to access, understands CSI measurement data of the sites and actively engages in the Access NRH initiatives.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact:
Back to top