Outpatient Float Office Assistant
When you choose MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) as your career destination, you'll become part of a dynamic group of professionals who are committed to providing the very best rehabilitative care to children, adolescents and adults with disabilities.
As a member of our team, you'll help us fulfill our mission of Adding life to years ® , enhancing patients' quality of life so they can achieve the highest possible level of independence and function. And, just as we add life to our patients' future years, we'll do the same for your career, offering you a great place to work and a great place to grow.
MNRN is currently seeking an Outpatient Float Office Assistant at our Olney Clinic to perform a variety of clerical and patient care duties that are essential to the daily operations of the Outpatient Center. This individual will be responsible for greeting, registering, and escorting patients as well as assisting with medical record operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Pre-assembles medical records according to established policies and procedures
- Prepares the registration schedule for all new patients
- Review physician prescription for completeness and accuracy
- Complete patient set ups, turn over patient rooms, and perform other patient care duties as assigned by the therapist
- Coordinating the physician order re-certification process, insurance verification and coordination of services for patients
- Charge entry and reconciliation functions, co-payment and daily cash receipt responsibilities
- Assisting with medical record operations on a daily basis
- Editing and distributing clinical dictations order and maintain clinical and administrative supplies
- Create patient financial folders for patient billing department, and providing front office coverage and assistance
What you'll need to join the team!
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven customer service skills
- Attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
MedStar offers a comprehensive total rewards program, designed for both full-time and part-time associates, including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with competitive company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tuition assistance for accredited degree programs and professional certifications
- Continuing education courses; Onsite lectures, conferences and seminars
- Leadership and management training
- MedStar NRH-sponsored community events and giving programs
- Associate assistance program
- Corporate discounts program
As an EEO employer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top