Outpatient Clinic Assistant
As a member of our team, you'll help us fulfill our mission of Adding life to years®, enhancing patients' quality of life so they can achieve the highest possible level of independence and function. And, just as we add life to our patients' future years, we'll do the same for your career, offering you a great place to work and a great place to grow.
MNRN is seeking a Clinic Assistant at our Pembroke Square Clinic who will help perform a variety of clerical and patient care duties essential to the daily operations of the outpatient clinic. These duties include assisting with medical record operations on a daily basis, greeting, registering and escorting patients, completing patient set ups, turning over patient rooms, performing other patient care duties determined by the therapist, editing and distributing Clinical dictation's of patient care by performing the following duties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Informs provider of patient arrival and escorts patient to treatment room
- Performs Clerical Duties
- Performs daily medical record tasks
- Photo-copies administrative forms as assigned by the Office Coordinator
- Photo-copies patient Information Sheets
- Pre-assembles medical records according to established policies and procedures
- Prepares the registration schedule the night before for all new patients for the next day to include patient's name, providers name and appointment schedule
- Review physician prescription for completeness and accuracy ensuring the prescription includes: patient name, diagnosis, type of service, frequency and duration (eval and treat is acceptable), physician signature and date
What you'll need to join the team!
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- General experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven customer service skills or prior experience
- Attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
MedStar offers a comprehensive total rewards program, designed for both full-time and part-time associates, including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with competitive company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tuition assistance for accredited degree programs and professional certifications
- Continuing education courses; Onsite lectures, conferences and seminars
- Leadership and management training
- MedStar NRH-sponsored community events and giving programs
- Associate assistance program
- Corporate discounts program
As an EEO employer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top