About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
General Summary of Position
The Office Supervisor is responsible for managing and maintaining office operations and providing administrative support to the assigned department and providing ancillary support to the Site Manager/Director. The Office Supervisor is responsible for efficient and accurate intake, benefit verification, pre-registration, registration and scheduling of patients referred to the network. Responsibilities may also include: collection of copayments, charge entry reconciliation, preparing bank deposits and cash receipt logs, medical record activities and case management tasks. Depending on clinic size/needs, the Office Supervisor oversees Office Assistant positions.
EDUCATION: High School diploma required; Associates/Bachelor?s Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year of experience with managing and coordinating administrative staff
SKILLS: Able to work in a team environment; organized, timely, detail-oriented, pleasant and friendly attitude; customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds; problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections; takes initiative in following through with all office procedures and policies; effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues; must be able to utilize computer systems, software, fax machine and copier.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and assists patients on the telephone and in person with a friendly and courteous voice at all times.
- Practices and is responsible for monitoring efficient and accurate intake, case management, pre-registration, registration and scheduling of patients referred to the MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) network.
- Assists with patient registration in registration systems, and assists with patient scheduling and scanning of patient care administrative documents in electronic medical record (EMR) systems. Performs insurance verification and coordinates services/authorizations for patients. Collects patient co-payments and performs daily cash receipt responsibilities.
- Understands and is responsible for patient access, customer service and revenue cycle management at designated site(s).
- Provides administrative operations management at designated site(s). Contributes to staffing decisions at designated site(s) with input from Site Manager/Director.
- Helps to resolve conflict with effective verbal and written communication in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates teamwork, while encouraging open and direct communication with others in a positive manner.
- Runs daily and weekly EMR administrative reports for clinic; manages ?At a Glance Alerts? and reports in EMR systems; manages/reconciles reports (not in EMR) (Task List, Unbilled Report, etc). Coordinates payroll and time management through API system for all administrative associates but not limited to clinical staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully train and oversee team members. Directs, guides, and mentors Office Assistants to carry out tasks created byadministrative leadership and clinical leadership. Completes associate performance reviews in Talent Manager system twice yearly and maintains feedback throughout the year to the associate.
- Participates in administrative team connections with referring physician practices in order to establish positive relationships to maintain and increase referrals and site productivity.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact:
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top