Occupational Therapist- Acute
About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
General Summary of Position
Responsible for initial assessment, re-assessment, treatment planning, treatment implementation, reporting and documentation of all referred patients within departmental
and professional standards. Serves as a resource in specified area of expertise. Participates in organizing educational activities and special projects, and facilitates staff development.
EDUCATION:Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy. Bachelor's, Certificate or basic level Master's degree in Occupational Therapy.
EXPERIENCE: One year clinical experiance in rehabilitation or acute care.
LICENSE/CERT/REG: DC licensure or eligibility, current American Heart Association BLS Card
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides effective and efficient evidence based care following accreditation guidelines, licensing regulations, professional code of ethics, and standards of practice to include: evaluation/re-evaluation, treatment planning, DME recommendations and discharge planning. Provides education and training to patients and their families/caregivers. Accesses appropriate additional information for individualized patient care. Demonstrates sound clinical reasoning during patient care to maximize effective and safe outcomes.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation to include clinical interventions provided, discharge and equipment recommendations, charges, and prescriptions. Documentation will reflect the need for acute rehab level of care to include patient/family education, training, treatment intensity and duration. Documentation will follow established MedStar and departmental guidelines and will be comprehensive in nature and include conference reports, patient flow sheets, time off checklists and all other required supporting documents.
- Demonstrates effective time management and meets productivity expectations. Maintains accurate schedules for all patients and professional activities. Is timely, punctual, and is prepared for work schedule and meetings.
- Utilizes professional communication in decision making and problem solving. Consistently communicates and conducts self in a professional manner using appropriate written, verbal, and non-verbal communication methodologies. Participates in team and/or family conferences as appropriate. Collaborates interventions with other team members toward an interdisciplinary approach. Participates in general staff and team meetings. Communicates appropriate process improvements that impact patient care and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top