About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
General Summary of Position
MNRN is currently seeking a highly motivated Nurse Manager who will have accountability for managing material, financial and human capital to ensure quality, cost-effective delivery of patient care and experiences. Recognized as a professional role model, the Nurse Manager promotes a culture that supports the goals, mission, vision, philosophy and values of the department and MedStar National Rehabilitation Network.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required. Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business Administration or directly related discipline is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two (2) years of management and leadership experience with knowledge of nursing theory, practice and administration, data management and analysis, budget, staff development, and progressive discipline in order to supervise planning and implementation of care.
LICENSE/CERT/REG: Licensure as a registered nurse in the District of Columbia is required. Certification as a Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN) is preferred. Certification in Nursing Administration is recommended.
SKILLS: Job requires a high level of problem-solving due to the complexity of the situations encountered.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Creates a professional atmosphere and an environment of coaching and development that supports shared governance and a high level of employee satisfaction as evidenced by outcomes data while also integrating high ethical standards and core values into everyday activities.
- Plans and ensures effective staff selection, availability and support to meet the needs of the patient population. This will include evaluating, coaching/mentoring, developing, promoting, and disciplining staff as needed.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains effective relationships, working agreements and quality partnerships that value diversity.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic and safe environment that facilitates and supports the framework for professional nursing practice, based upon evidenced based practice, in order to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with the Nursing Executive Leadership to seek and utilize information to develop, implement, and manage budgets and departmental goals which support organizational objectives, patient care standards and quality of life.
- Maintains the ability to deliver direct patient care as required.
- Promotes a public image of nursing excellence at the MedStar National Rehabilitation Network through professional communication, presentations, publications and membership in professional organizations
- Participates in multidisciplinary, quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Not sure if you're ready to apply? To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Emily Lee via email at Emily.R.Lee@medstar.net
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact:
Back to top