Graduate Registered Nurse
When you choose MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) as your career destination, you'll become part of a dynamic group of professionals who are committed to providing the very best rehabilitative care to children, adolescents and adults with disabilities.
As a member of our team, you'll help us fulfill our mission of Adding life to years®, enhancing patients' quality of life so they can achieve the highest possible level of independence and function. And, just as we add life to our patients' future years, we'll do the same for your career, offering you a great place to work and a great place to grow.
MNRN is seeking a Graduate Registered Nurse accountable to provide competent and compassionate nursing care to a selected group of patients during assigned tour of duty.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of a preceptor, delivers competent and compassionate nursing care to assigned patients. Systematically assesses and identifies current patient care problems of a specific patient population and seeks resources in planning and delivering care appropriately. Assesses patient care needs, establishes priorities and delegates tasks to ancillary support staff as appropriate to unit requirements.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with established standards of care policies and procedures. Documents patient information and assessments in a timely manner according to charting guidelines. Effectively uses provided technology for patient care delivery and documentation.
- Serves as a patient advocate by communicating clinical concerns in a timely manner to other members of the health care team, seeking assistance as needed. Collaborates with other team members to plan and attain patient goals.
- Attends all classes scheduled for the Graduate RN's over the first year. Participates in unit-based in-services as appropriate. Successfully completes unit orientations.
- Provides appropriate patient education.
- Provides evaluation of orientation and preceptor.
- Seeks appropriate resources for problem-solving as needed. Assumes responsibility for own learning outcomes.
- Initiates, evaluates, and documents interdisciplinary plans of care specific to each patient by creating short and long term goals with the patient. Initiates appropriate interventions and engages patient feedback and progress on goals. Communicates patient goals to other members of the healthcare team and reinforces interdisciplinary goals with the patient.
- Demonstrates an awareness of unit goals, objectives, policies and procedures. Participates in unit-based committees. Participates in the implementation of unit assessments and audits, including quality assurance and patient classification.
- Participates in data collection for ongoing research. Applies research findings to clinical practice.
- Performs other related duties in support of patient care, as assigned.
- DC license or eligibility.
- AHA-issued CPR certification for a health care provider.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Successful completion of a basic educational program from an accredited school of nursing.
MedStar offers a comprehensive total rewards program, designed for both full-time and part-time associates, including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with competitive company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tuition assistance for accredited degree programs and professional certifications
- Continuing education courses; Onsite lectures, conferences and seminars
- Leadership and management training
- MedStar NRH-sponsored community events and giving programs
- Associate assistance program
- Corporate discounts program
As an EEO employer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top