Environmental Services Aide
About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
- The incumbent in this position will perform a variety of duties necessary to maintain conditions consistent with the infection control standards of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN). This role ensures the maintenance of a clean and safe environment. The incumbent in this role must have the ability to adhere to MNRN policies and OSHA regulations as it relates to following and abiding by safety precautions as working with chemical agents is a requirement in this position.
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
- Minimum of 6 months experience working in housekeeping within a hospital setting.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The incumbent in this role must have written and oral communication skills. In addition, the incumbent should we customer service oriented and meticulous in their work and able to follow proper cleaning procedures to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Distributes clean linen to appropriate areas.
- Removes soiled linen from utility rooms.
- Dusts, mops and sanitizes patient rooms, restrooms, offices, utility rooms, and common areas, using appropriate solutions.
- Empty trash and move waste to appropriate areas within the hospital.
- Cleans, wax, and polish floors by hand or machine.
- Vacuums carpeted areas.
- Moves furniture and supplies as directed.
- Reports repairs or malfunctions to EVS Director or Group Leader
- Clean spills promptly and safely.
INDIRECT PATIENT CARE/CONTACT: Exposure to patients, visitors and family members with a variety of physical and psychiatric/mental health conditions. Potential for exposure to contagious diseases, blood and body fluids, chemicals, medicinal preparations, potential ionizing radiation, unpleasant odors, and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Mandatory requirement for use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when indicated per policy. Position may require flexible scheduling, off-shifts, weekend, holiday, on-call and/or overtime hours of work in accordance with department policy or procedures.
- NO PATIENT CARE/CONTACT: Visual Acuity. Manual dexterity. Light physical effort: Physical mobility with ability to lift, push or pull up to and including 35 lbs. Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods. Ability to hear and orally communicate. Ability to read, comprehend and write the English language.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact:
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top