When you choose MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) as your career destination, you'll become part of a dynamic group of professionals who are committed to providing the very best rehabilitative care to children, adolescents and adults with disabilities. MNRN has been ranked by physicians as one of America's Best Hospitals in the 2014-15 issue of U.S. News & World Report. For the 20th consecutive year, MNRN is also ranked by physicians as one of the top rehabilitation hospitals in the country. MNRN is fully accredited by The Joint Commission; the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), with CARF accredited specialty programs for Amputations, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
As a member of our team, you'll help us fulfill our mission of Adding life to years® , enhancing patients' quality of life so they can achieve the highest possible level of independence and function. And, just as we add life to our patients' future years, we'll do the same for your career, offering you a great place to work and a great place to grow.
MedStar National Rehabilitation Network is seeking a driven Clinical Pharmacist who provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients, medical and nursing staffs and other hospital service areas. Clinical Pharmacists procure, prepare and dispense medications to patients, supervise and direct support personnel and assure daily operational tasks are completed. Clinical Pharmacists monitor patient drug therapies through participation in medication rounds, antibiotic monitoring, and other programs. They provide drug information, patient education and education of medical, nursing and therapy staffs. The Clinical Pharmacist promotes rationale, cost-effective drug therapy resulting in positive patient outcomes.
What you'll do!
• Actively involved in program development and systems to effect operational efficiency.
• Assists in teaching Pharmacy students during clinical rotations.
• Participates in the development and presentation of orientation, education, and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staff.
• Pursues academic development through research and writing.
• Reviews literature and other materials pertinent to the practice of Pharmacy.
What you'll need to join the team!
• Graduate of an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy
• Previous hospital experience as a Pharmacist preferred, but not required.
MedStar offers a comprehensive total rewards program, designed for both full-time and part-time associates, including:
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with competitive company match
• Paid time off and holidays
• Tuition assistance for accredited degree programs and professional certifications
• Continuing education courses; Onsite lectures, conferences and seminars
• Leadership and management training
• MedStar NRH-sponsored community events and giving programs
• Associate assistance program
• Corporate discounts program
As an EEO employer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top