Certified Athletic Trainer (PRN) - Maryland
- Baltimore, MD
About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
General Summary of Position
Athletic Trainers are highly qualified, multi-skilled health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. At the core of MedStar Sports Medicine, our athletic trainers provide expert medical coverage and are leaders in community outreach to promote wellness, advance health and prevent injuries across a wide range of active populations. Our mission is to provide a multidisciplinary approach and facilitate appropriate referrals to MedStar physicians and therapists to provide unparalleled continuity of care.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training from an accredited college or university. Masters Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) tothree (3)years of experience preferred.
LICENSE/CERT/REG: Required: Certified as an ATC by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC), AHA CPR certification. Eligible for ATC license in Maryland and Virginia and eligible to practice in the District of Columbia.
SKILLS:Professional competency as outlined by NATABOC practice domains.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates proficient implementation of acute treatment protocols based upon assessment findings and the patient's clinical presentation.
- Provides assessments of injured athletes onsite at the training facility on an as needed basis including review of pertinent history information, performance of specific assessments, determination of recommendations and accurately and timely documentation of results.
- Actively attends and represents MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) at seasonal parent nights, coaches meetings, booster club meetings, contract meetings, and Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) staff meetings.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate referral process to successfully navigate outreach community through the MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) system to increase volumes (e.g., physician, physical therapy).
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately use the chain of command and protocol in injury management. Determines individuals' readiness to participate. Effectively communicate with athlete, athlete's family and staff regarding the athlete's status.
- Prevents, recognizes, evaluates, and provides immediate care, rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries/illness.
- As needed, provides athletic medicine coverage of events that are affiliated programs with MNRN. Examples include but are not limited to: camps, tournaments, health fairs, educational classes, affiliated contract coverage.
- Maintains accountability for individual administrative requirements of MNRN including, but not limited to, site specific schedules, reporting and tracking, and employee compliance.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, workshops, and independent learning experiences and other forums.
- Other Duties and responsibilities as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.","datePosted":"2020-10-09T04:51:07.908Z
Back to top