Certified Athletic Trainer II - Physician Extender
Certified Athletic Trainer or Pending Licensure
2+ years of experience required
As a member of our team, you'll help us fulfill our mission of Adding life to years ® , enhancing patients' quality of life so they can achieve the highest possible level of independence and function. And, just as we add life to our patients' future years, we'll do the same for your career, offering you a great place to work and a great place to grow.
MNRN is currently seeking a Certified Athletic Trainer who possesses proven expertise in onsite athletic and clinical settings. The individual will collaborate interventions within an interdisciplinary team to manage musculoskeletal, orthopedic, sports and work related injuries. Onsite settings include but are not limited to local high schools, colleges, universities, athletic clubs, athletic businesses, community events and the performing arts. Clinical settings include all NRH entities and collaborations.
Athletic Trainers are highly qualified, multi-skilled health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. At the core of MedStar Sports Medicine, our athletic trainers provide expert medical coverage and are leaders in community outreach to promote wellness, advance health and prevent injuries across a wide range of active populations. A physician extender works in conjunction with the physician to facilitate an effective and efficient clinical environment in order to provide a high standard of care and positive patient experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates proficient implementation of acute treatment protocols based upon assessment findings and the patient's clinical presentation
- Provides assessments of injured athletes onsite at the training facility on an as needed basis including review of pertinent history information, performance of specific assessments, determination of recommendations and accurately and timely documentation of results
- Actively attends and represents MNRN at seasonal parent nights, coaches meetings, booster club meetings, contract meetings, and ATC staff meetings
- Demonstrates ability to initiate referral process to successfully navigate outreach community through the MedStar/NRH system to increase volumes (e.g., surgery, physical therapy)
- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately use the chain of command and protocol in injury management (e.g., appropriate documentation, athlete's family (where appropriate) and staff notification)
- Determines an individuals' readiness to participate in athletics. Effectively communicate with athletes, athlete's family (where appropriate), and staff regarding the athletes playing status
- Prevents, recognizes, evaluates, and provides immediate care, rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries/illness
- As needed, provides athletic medicine coverage of events that are affiliated programs with MNRN. Examples include but are not limited to: camps, tournaments, health fairs, educational classes, affiliated contract coverage
- Maintains accountability for individual work schedule including, but not limited to, site specific schedules, community benefits reporting, and monthly tracking
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, workshops, and independent learning experiences and other forums
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned (Physician Extender, Clinic Assistant, Team coverage, etc)
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training from an accredited college or university
- 5 years as a Certified Athletic trainer preferred
- Currently licensed (or eligible) in the State of Maryland as an Athletic Trainer
- Currently maintains (or eligible) in the State of Maryland for an Evaluation and Treatment Protocol
- Currently licensed (or eligible) in the State of Virginia as an Athletic Trainer
- Certified as an Athletic Trainer (ATC) by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- Current CPR/AED certification via the American Heart Association
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with competitive company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tuition assistance for accredited degree programs and professional certifications
- Continuing education courses; Onsite lectures, conferences and seminars
- Leadership and management training
- MedStar NRH-sponsored community events and giving programs
- Associate assistance program
- Corporate discounts program
Not sure if you're ready to apply? To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Craig Harbert via email at [email protected] or at 202-531-1123.
As an EEO employer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top