Admitting & Discharge Nurse
When you choose MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) as your career destination, you'll become part of a dynamic group of professionals who are committed to providing the very best rehabilitative care to children, adolescents and adults with disabilities.
As a member of our team, you'll help us fulfill our mission of Adding life to years ® , enhancing patients' quality of life so they can achieve the highest possible level of independence and function. And, just as we add life to our patients' future years, we'll do the same for your career, offering you a great place to work and a great place to grow.
This position will collaborate with nurses, physicians and other team members in the admission and discharge process. The incumbent will assist in the patient throughput by completing the admission process in a timely fashion. Emphasis will be placed on the collection of patient information pertaining to the core measures both on admission and upon discharge. This position may also be assigned various responsibilities in the discharge process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Patient Admission History & Assessment - utilizes advanced assessment skills to complete admission documentation to include assessment and admission history, medication reconciliation, core measures and anticipated discharge needs and advanced directives information.
• Patient Admission History & Assessment - assures adherence to quality improvement indicators (core measures, vaccination information, MRSA/VRE screenings, etc.).
• Patient Admission History & Assessment - obtain the medication list regarding home medications and complete the medication reconciliation for same.
• Discharge Functions - facilitates throughput by identifying pending and confirmed discharges during downtime, as applicable.
• Discharge Functions - Communicates with Nursing Office for direction for areas with priority discharge. Assists those areas to discharge patients.
• Discharge Functions - Completes the discharge medication reconciliation form and discharge instructions. Hands off to primary nurse for double check. The primary nurse completes the patient education and discharge information. Clarifies any discrepancies with the physician.
• Discharge Functions - assists in identifying core measure patients and assures criteria have been met and completed prior to discharge.
• Assumes a patient load assignment as work load permits and as assigned.
• Performs all other duties as required and/or assigned.
What you'll need to join the team!
• Licensure: Current DC nursing license or eligibility
• Certification/Registration: Evidence of current CPR card. CRRN preferred
• Education: Graduate of an approved BSN Program
• Experience: Minimum of two (2) years hospital-based nursing experience
MedStar offers a comprehensive total rewards program, designed for both full-time and part-time associates, including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with competitive company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tuition assistance for accredited degree programs and professional certifications
- Continuing education courses; Onsite lectures, conferences and seminars
- Leadership and management training
- MedStar NRH-sponsored community events and giving programs
- Associate assistance program
- Corporate discounts program
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact Kristina Lazration at [email protected].
As an EEO employer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top