Acute Care Staff Occupational Therapist
When you choose MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) as your career destination, you'll become part of a dynamic group of professionals who are committed to providing the very best rehabilitative care to children, adolescents and adults with disabilities.
As a member of our team, you'll help us fulfill our mission of Adding life to years ® , enhancing patients' quality of life so they can achieve the highest possible level of independence and function. And, just as we add life to our patients' future years, we'll do the same for your career, offering you a great place to work and a great place to grow.
MNRN at Washington Hospital Center is currently seeking a highly motivated Occupational Therapist who will be responsible for initial evaluation, re-evaluation, treatment planning, treatment implementation, reporting and documentation of all referred patients within departmental and professional standards. The individual serves as a resource in specified areas of expertise. Participates in organizing educational activities and special projects, and facilitates staff development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides patient care duties as it relates to occupational therapy following accreditation guidelines, licensing regulations, professional code of ethics, and standards of practice
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation to include clinical interventions provided, discharge and equipment recommendations, charges, and prescriptions
- Demonstrates effective time management and meets productivity expectations
- Communicates opportunities for process improvement that impacts patient care and operations
- Serves as a resource and preceptor for new employee and student orientation for the Occupational Therapy Service and team based activities
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy
- DC Licensure (or eligibility to obtain) required
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan with competitive company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tuition assistance for accredited degree programs and professional certifications
- Continuing education courses; Onsite lectures, conferences and seminars
- Leadership and management training
- MedStar NRH-sponsored community events and giving programs
- Associate assistance program
- Corporate discounts program
As an EEO employer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top