Acute Care Senior Physical Therapist
When you choose MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) as your career destination, you'll become part of a dynamic group of professionals who are committed to providing the very best rehabilitative care to children, adolescents and adults with disabilities.
As a member of our team, you'll help us fulfill our mission of Adding life to years ® , enhancing patients' quality of life so they can achieve the highest possible level of independence and function. And, just as we add life to our patients' future years, we'll do the same for your career, offering you a great place to work and a great place to grow.
MNRN at Washington Hospital Center is currently seeking a highly motivated Acute Care Neuro Senior Physical Therapist who will be responsible for supervising a team of 4 - 5 Physical Therapists. The Neuro Senior provides mentoring and clinical growth for PTs in the areas of Stroke, TBI, General Neurological patient populations, Neurosurgery, and General medicine and surgery. Clinically the Nuero Senior will also have the opportunity to provide Physical Therapy services to the patient populations in both ICU, IMC and regular unit settings. The Neuro Senior will also have a leadership role in program development for key neuro initiatives, such as development of standardized protocols or guidelines for the management of Stroke or TBI patient populations. The Neuro Senior can also participate in mentoring MNRN / GWU Neuro Residents as they complete the acute care portion of their residency. There is strong support for clinical advancement through continuing education and / or sitting for the APTA NCS.
What you'll need to join the team!
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy is required
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy is required
- Minimum 4 years practice, 2 years within area of specialty is required
- DC licensure or eligibility is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required
- Basic computer skills preferred.
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with competitive company match
• Paid time off and holidays
• Tuition assistance for accredited degree programs and professional certifications
• Continuing education courses; Onsite lectures, conferences and seminars
• Leadership and management training
• MedStar NRH-sponsored community events and giving programs
• Associate assistance program
• Corporate discounts program
Not sure if you're ready to apply? To learn more about this opportunity, please email [email protected]
As an EEO employer, MedStar National Rehabilitation Network does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.
Meet Some of MedStar National Rehabilitation Network's Employees
Assistant Nurse Manager
Baekcheol provides quality care to nursing patients in MedStar National Rehabilitation Network’s Spinal Cord and Orthopedic Units. He helps them progress and prepares them for discharge.
Back to top