- Flexible / Remote
At Medium, we're building a platform that gives people a place to share their stories and ideas. To do that, we create simple and beautiful product experiences that prioritize the user experience. In the Creator Platform group, we are building a set of best-in-class tools for content creation and software to help creators to find and engage with their audience.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of thoughtful interactions we're known for.
As a full stack engineer in Creator Platform, you'll work across the stack from databases to the UI on various aspects of the creator experience, such as: editor and content creation, blog engine, content distribution, monetization, and theming and customization. You'll collaborate closely with colleagues in design and product, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You'll sweat the details and make things shine.
We're looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have extensive experience with React and Node.js based applications.
- You are just as comfortable working on the backend as you are the frontend.
- You have experience building single page web applications.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
We’d particularly love it if
- You have experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, DynamoDB)
- You have experience working on CMS-like applications
- You have experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- You have experience building and extending web based editors (Slate, ProseMirror, Quill, etc)
- You have deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, RPC, REST, and HTTP
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you!
This role is available remotely for U.S. workers.
We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top