Group Product Manager, Creator Platform
- Flexible / Remote
We are looking for a creative and operational product leader that’s fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit to join our Product Management team and lead our efforts in building the best experience possible for writers on Medium. This includes evolving our ground-breaking story composer, building new story editing and collaboration experiences, and understanding what feedback and information writers need to be successful. You’ll also collaborate with our editorial and marketing teams to expand Medium’s Partner Program, which rewards writers on Medium for writing and publishing quality stories.
This position requires a highly empathetic and collaborative product leader with excellent communication skills and a proven track record of shipping great products. Ideally you’ll have experience working on platforms that help creators do their best work and share it with the world. In this role you’ll work with engineers, product designers and editors, while collaborating with the PM, engineering, product science and operations teams cross functionally. This role will help shape the future of Medium.
What will you do?
- You will define the vision and strategy for the features that writers use on Medium every day
- You will collaborate with design and engineering to launch new capabilities that delight users and help them write and publish great stories
- You will work with our product science and user research teams to develop insights into the behaviors and need of writers on Medium, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features for how we can improve the product
- You will seek to understand the competitive environment and stay on top of the state of the art in web and mobile user experiences
- You will collaborate with our product marketing team to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
- You will recruit, manage and grow other product managers
Who are you?
- You have at least 7 years experience as a PM working on consumer web and mobile applications, and at least 2 years experience recruiting and leading PMs.
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering peers
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You welcome the challenge of developing human-centered experiences and you thrive in ambiguity
- You have strong product instincts, but keep those in check with a strong eye towards data
- You care deeply about user experience, and have a vision for how Medium can make words and ideas matter in the lives of our users
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Back to top