VP, Product Design/UX
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
We are seeking a creative, passionate and seasoned UX leader to create the vision, execution and oversight of our User Experience. The VP Product UX will promote a design-first mindset across the organization and foster design as a strategic capability and competitive advantage, demonstrating how research and design transforms products.
The VP of Product UX will be responsible for the research, design and delivery of Medidata’s user experiences and Design System across the Medidata platform. The role requires proven experience leading UX in Enterprise SaaS and demonstration that s/he can lead, inspire, grow and empower highly-talented and highly committed individuals, yet can be hands-on if/when necessary to get things done.
As the leader of the Product UX, you will:
● Attract, Inspire, motivate and retain top talent and enable UX at scale
● Organize , manage and scale the global product design team located in NYC, San Francisco and Hammersmith, UK.
● Establish and promote User Research and a Design-First mindset to create breakthrough products
● Evolve and evangelize the Medidata Design System, collaborating across the organization to unify the Medidata brand
● Ensure UX is a standard component of the development lifecycle and with a relentless focus on world-class UX/UI
● Work with product, architecture and engineering teams to establish strategy and programs to incorporate Medidata’s Design System in all products across the portfolio.
● Establish a research function and collaborate with marketing, sales, professional services and sales on customer, user and market research
● Create and rollout process and tools to UX/UI quality and productivity
● Support sales and other customer-facing teams in high-value meetings with prospects and customers
● Cultivate a deep understanding of the Clinical Trials space, including engagement with all segments of the customer base
● Proven leadership of design teams working across a decentralized tech organization for an enterprise SaaS platform; led teams > 10 people
● Proven experience with design operations to scale UX in a high paced environment; including org design, recruiting top talent, project management, implementing tools and process
● Experience with delivery of an enterprise product line using Agile-Scrum development methodologies
● Extensive experience conducting and curating research including design thinking workshops, focus groups, user shadowing, usability testing
● Successful track record in collaborating across organizational functions and driving cross-functional initiatives
● Strong operational mindset, decisive, “get it done” mentality
● Excellent product design evangelism and communication skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment where handling pressure and achieving deadlines are normal
● Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
● High integrity person who can build productive, long-lasting relationships at all levels
● Strong commitment to customer advocacy and success
● Strong business acumen
Your Education & Experience:
● BS/BA degree required, MBA expected
● 10 years’ program and people management experience
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and
medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster.
Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most
exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on
the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical
trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data
analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to
reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top