VP, Global Total Rewards
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial and real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence and delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk and optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers and partners worldwide and empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com ;
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Vice President, Global Total Rewards, an integral member of the Human Resources team, works collaboratively across multiple Medidata departments to manage the organization’s Global Total Rewards strategy, oversees the seamless administration of all compensation and benefits related activities and processes, and ensures the competitiveness and legal compliance of Medidata’s overall Total Reward practices. The position requires hands-on, operational and design experience, as well as a solid working knowledge of compensation/employment laws and regulations.
STRATEGY, PLANNING & FORECASTING
- Responsible to plan, develop and implement global compensation and benefits programs including a global compensation framework structure, policies, processes and communications.
- Responsible for the on-going evaluation of the Company’s compensation and benefit programs, assessing the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines, architecture and procedures.
- Recommend plan revisions, as well as new plans, which are cost effective and in line with market trends, best practices and corporate objectives; coordinate implementation and provide guidance to Total Rewards staff.
- Review market benchmark surveys, analyze competitive market data and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures and bonus targets as appropriate; propose salary increase budgets.
- Research and develop strategy for all benefit programs – health and welfare, retirement plans, life insurance and disability and the company wellness plans, with the support of brokers and vendors. Prepare qualitative and quantitative analytics in collaboration with Finance to support development of cost-effective benefit programs, including proposals for program changes, utilization, vendor performance, trends and program analysis.
- Lead Sales Compensation team, closely partnering with the Sales Operations and Finance teams in the development, implementation, and administration of sales commission and other incentive programs.
- Leverages data analytics, insights and industry practices to enable Medidata to gain a competitive talent advantage.
IMPLEMENTATION & MANAGEMENT
- Ensure programs are market competitive, aligned with business goals, consistently administered and in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Benchmark sales incentives and drive the design and implementation of the company’s sales compensation plans.
- Manage design and delivery of equity compensation programs.
- Lead the annual salary administration and bonus and equity planning process. Develop project plan and calendar and define roles and responsibilities. Ensure online tools are prepared to support the project; prepare comprehensive report of findings and develop executive summary presentation for review with senior management.
- Design and deliver compensation and benefits programs that are well understood and valued by managers and employees; develop comprehensive communications and training materials.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other members of the People team; advise HR and Managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, job evaluations and provide creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ensures benefits compliance with provisions of ERISA and annual government (5500) filings, and other regulatory agencies and requirements
- Direct executive compensation programs, including bonus programs to ensure that they are consistent with company strategies and goals, are well communicated and understood.
- Ensure that all compensation and benefits communication programs are proactive, well communicated and easy to understand for all employees. Partner with other People team members to develop, execute and communicate key programs to managers and employees.
- Lead Total Rewards team and provide overall direction and support.
- Support EVP, Chief People Officer and executive team to prepare all analysis and compensation related materials that must be approved by the Compensation Committee.
Your Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Total Rewards (executive and broad-based compensation, benefits, recognition and wellness) to include 5+ years of management experience leading a Total Rewards function in a company with a strong global footprint (Technology company a plus)
- 7+ years experience managing compensation and benefit analysis and/or administration ideally in a public company
- 3+ years direct experience with enterprise and global sales & services compensation, including commissions structures
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business, human resources management, or related field preferred
- Thorough understanding of LTI / equity programs in a public company
- M&A integration experience is a plus
- In depth knowledge of global health, retirement and welfare plan design and practices including Europe and Asia compensation and benefit programs
- Understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Strong interpersonal communications effectiveness, including verbal, written, presentation and persuasion skills
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills with the ability to present ideas at the senior level and gain executive buy-in and alignment around key priorities
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Back to top