VP, Engineering - Mobile
Medidata is looking for an experienced VP, Engineering (Mobile) to lead our growing mobile engineering teams as they design, implement, deploy and operate our mobile platform, from devices and wearable IoT sensors to API’s. This position reports to the EVP/CTO Technology, and provides an opportunity to evolve key pillars of Medidata’s strategy for powering smarter treatments and healthier patients..
● Oversee the analysis, design, delivery, and evolution of our mobile platform. Responsibilities span mobile applications, wearable sensors, and platform API’s.
● Builds relationships with product managers, marketing, sales, and users to enable development teams to more effectively prioritize requirements and delivery efforts.
● Grow the organization through effective hiring, coaching and development of globally distributed team members.
● Provide clear, consistent leadership, management and mentoring for direct reports and the broader technology organization.
● Inspire, empower and motivate the organization, leading by example.
● Interact with executives and/or major customers to establish and communicate a technical vision for our data capture platform.
● Meets with potential and current customers to understand their needs, develop solutions to make them successful, and help to lead and sell the industry on Medidata’s mobile strategy.
● Proven leadership in driving and growing several agile software development teams across multiple engineering managers.
● 5+ Year’s experience as a Software Development Vice President
● Proven leadership scaling application development teams that are self organizing, loosely coupled, yet highly aligned.
● Technical experience with iOS and Android, designing and consuming RESTful API’s for mobile consumers, building data products on mobile data streams, mobile application testing, and designing high impact and easy to use SDK’s.
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s of Science or Master’s degree in relevant field
● Experience leading software engineering teams building mobile applications and API’s.
● Experience mentoring the next generation of engineering leaders in an organization.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams (People Leader especially!)
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top