Vice President, Demand Marketing
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The VP Demand Marketing develops, manages, and leads go-to-market plans for Medidata. The Demand Marketing Group is responsible for: competitive analysis, customer/partner requirements, segment and account strategy, and coordinating the plans and deliverables in support of all sales activities.
• Introduce innovative, including account based marketing (ABM) programs and communications to build trust in the market and drive demand for Medidata's cloud-based solutions and services, particularly for enterprise-level, multi-year agreements and down the road Big Data opportunities
• Design and execute campaigns to drive customer engagement and incremental revenue; contribute to 20% of incremental Revenue growth for the company
• Strategically build the Demand plan for the company across the Globe including ABM, lead gen campaigns, executive engagement programs, marketing automation programs like nurture tracks, implement propensity models, as well as building our Digital capabilities
• Build communities to drive education and preference for our platform; this is a new initiative that we need to accelerate, not only with our traditional customer base but also with CxOs
• Lead the relationship with the Sales leaders and their teams
• Lead marketing teams based in Europe
• Develop strategy for participating in industry conferences and trade shows, e.g., identify highest impact venues and optimal format including involvement of founders. Ensure efforts drive significant lead generation and maximize ROI
• Make introductions for Sales leadership with major customer prospects at the highest levels of the organization
• Develop ongoing relationships with key customer accounts, academic institutions, other industry leaders, and regulatory authorities as needed
• Manage content related to customer sales and prioritize interactions to generate increasing awareness and demand for Medidata’s solutions and services
• Perform as a dedicated team player capable of operating effectively with a minimum of direction and enjoy significant operational interaction with senior corporate executives
• Identify growth opportunities for Medidata within the context of our sales strategy
• Deep knowledge of complex selling environments in the B2B technology world and what it takes to build both brand and product awareness and pipeline
• Proven track record of developing world class marketing teams in a growth environment
• Maturity and skill in working with senior executives, customers, and sales teams to align on goals and work through business challenges
• Creative skills in both communications and problem solving
• Expert in using metrics and marketing performance measurement and how these are critical to optimize results and ROI in a corporate marketing environment
• Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and team management skills
• High-energy, can-do attitude; comfortable working in a high-performance, entrepreneurial, open-door environment
• Knowledge and experience in building demand marketing plans
• Demonstration of excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills required.
Your Education & Experience:
• Bachelors degree, preferably in a marketing or related field
• Masters degree or MBA is strongly preferred
• Minimum of 12 years of professional b-to-b experience preferable in the technology industry, motivating and leading a diverse and distributed marketing team; global experience is a plus
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
• THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
• TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
• DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
• LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
• TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top