Value Management Director
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we’ve been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
The Value Management Director is a key role within Medidata’s Value Office and will be responsible for engaging with customers to develop compelling business cases towards deploying Medidata’s Clinical Cloud Solutions. This position provides expert consultation on value selling and includes the development of business cases with quantified monetary benefits that help create a value-based strategy for Medidata’s platform sales and for the realization of anticipated value through effective deployment and monitoring of quantifiable results.
● Engage with customer and prospects to understand their existing clinical trial processes, challenges, and goals
● Support customers in areas of Benefits, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return On Investment (ROI) analysis
● Partner with field sales to create revenue growth opportunities and improve the win rate versus competitors
● Perform analysis on prospects to identify how Medidata could impact their strategic initiatives
● Rationalize new capability utilization and close whitespace / adoption gaps
● Create and deliver ROI & TCO Analysis
● Develop value models and supporting tools for use across the Global Sales Organization
● Articulate value as a natural component of the sales process in support of the Global Sales Organization
● Participate in internal and external strategy enablement visioning workshops to enable customers and Medidata resources through education on discovery, realization, and value optimization
● Act as a trusted advisor to customers, prospects and partners
● Regularly benchmark Medidata customers for best practices and value achieved
● Engage in value governance to bring business cases to life
● Develop, refine, and leverage standardized innovative approaches, tools, methodologies, etc.
● Other duties as assigned
● Experience in Enterprise Software Sales or Management Consulting desired
● Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, experience preparing executive level presentations
● Ability to work at all levels within an organization (C-Suite to operational layers)
● Superior customer relationship management skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Willingness to travel 50+%
Your Education & Experience:
● MBA preferred, Bachelor’s degree required
● 3+ years of experience working with value modeling, ROI/TCO analysis tools
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Senior Marketing Writer, Branded Content
Joey works in Medidata’s Marketing Department, writing and developing a range of written content. He articulates customer success stories on behalf of the company and also drafts internal and external corporate communications.
Back to top