Our Industry: Where we play
Medidata sits at the intersection of the Technology and Life Sciences industries. We are recognized globally as the market leader in application software and professional services for clinical trials - tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner.
We are publicly traded (MDSO) with operations in 12 countries, supporting over 1,000 customers and more than 10,000 clinical trials - customer retention rates are above 99%. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries.
Experience Design at Medidata:
Our Experience Design function is run out of New York, London & San Francisco. If you enjoy designing digital customer experiences and have an interest in understanding how the underlying technologies are used to bring a concept to life, this role based in our London office, could be ideal for you.
As a UX Designer, you will work on Medidata’s next generation of SaaS based clinical trial management applications and play a key role in helping us provide value to our users.
You will be working on complex problems within a regulated industry for professional users. We are a time when the entire industry is changing; we are designing solutions for a new state of the world, changing how healthcare is seen, done, accessed.
As a UX Designer:
- Provide solutions to complex business problems and validate them interacting with customers and subject-matter-expert
- Work closely with our clients and internal team to help shape solutions and to rapidly visualise a proposition, through sketching and prototyping
- Help plan and execute generative and evaluative user experience research
- Be aware of new design patterns and provide solutions based on the selected patterns
- Present your ideas to a varied audience from product managers to technical architects and developers
- Work positively and productively with the Developers, Business Analysts and Product Managers
- Help the team present the work done to the clients/users and get useful feedback
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full UX lifecycle
- Confidence in communicating, defending, and building consensus around UX thinking
- Experience building interactive prototypes
- Navigate comfortably between a mix of being “hands-on-in-the-detail” of projects and contributing to the wider program of work
- Used to working collaboratively in a multi-disciplined agile team
- Thrives in a team environment and has strong people communication skills.
- Be a problem solver - find creative solutions for tough problems
- Prepared to challenge the status-quo - propose multiple solutions with pros and cons
- A well rounded UX designer with some great projects already in their portfolio
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud software company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of Medidata's Employees
Clinical Data Content Senior Analyst
Mark creates and curates data sets for pharmaceutical companies in order to help them bring new oncology medicines to the market in safer, more efficient manners.
Back to top